From a humble beginning in the President’s Estate in 1941 as Church High School to Naveen Bharat School in 1947 and finally in 1949 at its present location on Mathura road, DPS has traversed a long journey. It has been a witness to the Nation’s birth in 1947 and has contributed to the development of the Nation in its own small way.
DPS Mathura Road was the only DPS till 1972. Motivated by a simple dream to educate, we started adding branches so as to take quality education to maximum number of children. R.K. Puram was our first branch. As on Ist September 2002, we were 95 in number.
The involvement of the Society in universal educational enhancement and its endeavour to build a democratic, pluralistic and secular nation has made all the difference. What has remained constant throughout these years is our zest and spirit to achieve and excel.
The schools of the DPS Society are centers where:
- We aim to preserve and enhance the highest standards of excellence and prepare generations for the 21st century.
- Students are helped to master the expanding horizons of technology and also become the repository of Indian ethos and culture in its pristine form.
- Students are equipped to access the best opportunities of growth and advancement by being prepared linguistically and culturally for them. The concept of ‘enlightened citizen of the world’ will be the backdrop of all their endeavors.
- Students will be carefully sensitized to environmental concerns, the feeling of nationalism and communal harmony.
- No deserving and talented child will find the doors closed because of financial disability. Special efforts are made through resource centers for children with special needs. Education of the marginalized children is being ensured through non-formal learning centers, DPS Shikhsa Kendras.